Since we live in Rochester, NY (neighbor to Buffalo, NY), we have grown up on chicken wings and when making our own "Buffalo style," we have to go with the original source of the sauce: Anchor Bar's. If you don't know the story of how chicken wings came to be you can read that right here.
The first time that I made this, it was a week night meal, and my family was already hungry, so I started with a pre-made pizza crust. Easy step number one! I had prepared a couple of pieces of chicken in the slow cooker earlier in the day. Once that was done, I cut it into small chunks to use for the pizza. Easy step number two!
As noted in the title of this post, I have a "kid friendly" version that I will intersperse throughout this post, since we made it all on the same crust. The sauce we used for this, is way too spicy for our little ones, so I separated out several pieces of chicken just for their "section."
I portioned a small section of the crust for the kids (they don't eat much being only 2 and 3, so it wasn't very big).
On the side for my husband and I myself, I drizzled more Anchor Bar sauce on top (at his request).
(Just a note: all measurements are approximate. Use whatever amounts work for you and your family )
-Ready made pizza crust (or your own favorite homemade version)
-1 1/2 cups precooked chicken chunks (I prepared mine in the Crockpot)
-Wing Sauce (we used Anchor Bar Buffalo Wing Sauce - Medium, but Mild is great for this too!)
-Blue cheese salad dressing (enough to smooth onto pizza crust)
-1 1/2 - 2 cups mozzarella cheese
-1/2 - 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Prepare chicken ahead of time either in a slow cooker or a pan. Cut into chunks and place in a small bowl.
2. Add wing sauce to chicken and stir until covered (if making this for kids, without wing sauce, coat the chicken in blue cheese dressing)
3. Smooth blue cheese dressing over crust in a thick layer.
4. Spread chicken chunks evenly on crust (make a small section for the kids, if you need to, avoiding getting sauce on it)
5. Sprinkle entire pizza with shredded mozzarella and then crumbled blue cheese on top.
6. Place in the oven, and cook according to crust recommendations or when cheese is melted if not long enough.
If you try this recipe out, I would love to hear your thoughts!
Follow me by email so you never miss a post:
Till next time...
If you enjoyed this post please pin and share!
You might also enjoy:
The Yuck Stops Here