I have been working on getting our home decorating "finished" forever it seems, even though we have only lived here just going on five years. I know it is one of those things that will never really be done, as styles evolve and life changes, but it's a nice feeling when you can see progress towards making your house a home. We are on our way there with the help of several new pieces of furniture from Raymour and Flanigan and some plans for putting a few more personal touches in our main living areas.
I had considered our living room done for the most part, except for one special, longed for piece: a chesterfield, leather sofa. I have dreamed of owning one of these for a long time, but the first time we headed out to buy a brand new couch, we had two kids under two and my practical thoughts veered towards cozy, comfortable and stain masking. Something to curl up and watch TV or take a nap on, ya know? For those long, tired days with little ones. Which is how we ended up with the Canyon Ridge Microfiber Sofa and chair from Raymour and Flanigan. They worked great and were all of the things on my list as far as comfort and kid friendliness.
Truth be told, though, I still dreamed of that leather sofa. I pined after it through images found on Pinterest, but put it away as one of those sigh-one-day possibilities. As my kids have gotten through the toddler phase, I have been able to create more grown up spaces in our home (while still being kid friendly) and began contemplating the sofa situation once again.
Then, I found it. The perfect one for our space and style: the Saddler Leather Sofa. I found it online first and then needed to see it in person. My husband and I planned a "date night" furniture shopping (cause, well, when you have two little ones, any time out of the house without them counts as a date, right?). We headed back to our local Raymour & Flanigan.
Of course, I wanted to get straight to that sofa, so that is what we did. It was like that moment in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Clark Griswold finds the "perfect" Christmas tree. The clouds broke, music played, a light beamed down on it I swear, tada! There it was...
After we had settled on that as a definite "keeper", I of course, wanted to look around at every.thing.else. in the store. So, a few times on our date, I found my husband like this:
Sullivan Accent Cabinet, that is now in our dining room (stay tuned for that room's transformation coming a bit later - big plans People, big plans!).
One of the best things I think we have done to our house thus far is getting that darn TV out of the main room you walk into. I am so glad people don't have to see that beast the second they enter. Now, the first thing people see is our gorgeous, glorious leather sofa! Dreams really do come true people. I'm tellin' ya.
Here is a sneak peek of our revamped space. I am going to show you all the details next week, so make sure you come back!
1. My personal favorite is the Saddler Leather Sofa. If your style is rustic, eclectic or vintage inspired, it is the perfect choice. I like to call my own style "eclectic bohemian" and it fits right in here. Like a glove.
2. The Bartolo Leather Sofa is definitely a favorite of mine. It reminds me of a midcentury piece with its clean lines and slight tufts. It would also work well in modern or masculine spaces.
3. The Raleigh Leather Sofa stood out to me for its elegance and comfort. With both modern and traditional elements it is the perfect choice for transitional spaces.
4. The Lazlo Leather Sofa is another choice that has a midcentury vibe to me, but would work well in contemporary and minimalist spaces.
5. I like the Quentin Leather Sofa because it's traditional but has a luxe, industrial vibe. It would work well in a variety of spaces.
6. The Rourke Leather Settee is a classic piece that reminds me of an English cottage. I love it so much I was almost tempted to bring it home! Since it is a settee, it would work well in cozy, small spaces.
I hope you will follow along with my house updates and check out what is inspiring me for these spaces on my Pinterest board with Raymour & Flanigan! I am so excited to be working with them as one of their #RFBloggers this year!
Till next time...
Follow along with me!
Want to make sure you never miss a post? Subscribe below!
You might also enjoy: